23 March 2012

Garden series 101 #5, Orange Tea, oil painting

'Orange  Tea' oil painting
by Marion Hedger
Garden 101 daily paintings series No.5
22 x 27cm, oil on canvas board.

Number five in the series of oranges picked fresh from the tree. I cut the oranges to give the segments, and to add something different I placed a cup sideways to give the composition more depth and also add to the challenge! I like painting orange segments - strange I know, but they are challenging to paint with their rounded ends and the light hitting the flesh.

"I have challenged myself to paint 101 small daily life paintings inspired by my garden. My main aim is to improve my my eye to brush skills with a loose lively style. At the moment I plan to use oils, so that as a bonus I will improve my oil handling skills. I don't doubt that some will be done in different media depending on how the mood takes me. I aim to do at least 5 a week."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.