23 November 2012

Fracture Abstraction - watercolour abstract painting

"Fracture Abstraction No 1." by Marion Hedger
Varnished watercolour abstract.
Painting size = 9.5 x 17.5cm (approx. 4"x7")
Overall size = approx 13.5 x 21cm (approx 5"x8")
Varnished, can be framed without glass
Initialed on the front, signed on the back
I have taken a break from oil painting for a couple of days and decided to do something different and try to stimulate my imagination.
In the spirit of play and creativity, I let watercolour washes merge together and then using pen, I enhance the shapes and used a bit of my artist's licence to extend and colour some areas. A white border has been left around the edge to enhance the colours. I have stressed the edges to give a bit of a handmade paper look, but this can be trimmed straight. I am enjoying myself with the freedom this brings. Hopefully, I can carry this forward in my more structured paintings.

This shows the 'stressed' edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.