21 July 2013

Village Nook and Crannies Palette Knife oil painting, 6x8inch

Village Nook and Crannies
6"x8" oil on box canvas
Palette knife painting
The sides are painted black so it can be hung without a frame
Click HERE to view and purchase
I live in an area of France that is well known for its 'perched' villages. They are built on top of the hills, generally to protect the population from the Moorish invaders in the middle ages. These villages have lots of small streets, alcoves, alleyways and arches. It is easy to loose your sense of direction with all the twists and turns. I always take loads of photos but to date I have not painted any of them. So, starting with a small box canvas, I decided it was about time LOL. I like the texture achieved on the closest wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.