12 September 2013

Coastal Pines, Day 12, 30 days hath September challenge

Coastal Pines treescape landscape painting
18x24cm (approx7"x10")
oil on canvas panel
85€ International shipping included
 
Day 12, 30 days hath September challenge

Tree series ?
I seem to have started a series of tree paintings and I do enjoy painting them, especially when there is light and shadow playing on the trunks and underneath. Sweet Chestnut Walk and Cork Sentinels were from a recent trip into the Var. Sherwood Forest walk and today's painting are from older photographs taken earlier in the year.

The coastal road
These coastal pines were found along the coast road to St Raphael. 
It is a beautiful stretch of coast road that winds from Cannes to St Raphael and we take a trip down it at least once a year. I always take loads of photos so have plenty of references on my 'to do' list. 
Shadows and Light
These gnarled pines attracted my attention because of their shape and the shadows playing underneath them. It's amazing that they grow at all, they were coming out from underneath the tarmac of the road! Just to the left is the sea and I ignored the road for the painting using my artistic license.

10 comments:

  1. Nicely handled knife work and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The play of warm and cool colors creates a space filed with sun. I love how free your strokes are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, those blues/greens/purple go so well together.

      Delete
  4. I am really liking pallet knife. Your colours and the freedom of line. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dayle, yes I love using the palette knife and the freedom as I can get quite 'tight' when using using a brush.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.