06 November 2013

Pumpkin and Avocados still life, oil palette knife painting

Pumpkin and Avocados still life
Oil on canvas panel, 24x18cm (approx 7x10inch)
Palette knife painting
80€ International shipping included

A friend of mine saw me looking at the pumpkins and squash at the local market. The next day she made me a present of a couple of pumpkins.
Unfortunately, we had already eaten one of them before I got around to painting doing the painting, so I used some avocados I had in my fruit bowl as a stand-in. But, as usually happens, when I paint fruit and veg still lifes, part of it disappeared before I finished the paintings. I had to do the final touches from memory.

Some close up crops of the knife work



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.