30 December 2013

January painting challenge




You may remember my paintings from the September challenge. It was fun to do, although stressful at times making sure there was a new painting everyday.

In January, I will be taking part in another 30 paintings in 30 days challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.

I have been thinking about a theme and several ideas have come to mind. One is to paint the same scene in different ways, another is to concentrate on abstracts and yet another is still lifes. I want to work smaller than my normal 18x24cm (7x10inch) and maybe give myself a time limit for each painting to encourage a free and loose style, concentrating on expressive brush or palette knife work.

Join me in January to see what I have decided.

Happy New Year to all, and I hope it is a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.