08 March 2014

Two Miniature Treasure Paintings for auction on Daily Paintworks

Sunny Trio palette knife painting
oil on loose canvas
10x15cm (4"x5")

White Calla Lilies palette knife painting
oil on loose canvas
10x15cm (4"x5")

Both of these paintings were painted with a palette knife on canvas from a canvas pad by Belle Arti from Italy, who also make the canvas panels I use. It is a medium cotton canvas and primed. The surface is quite smooth but it accepts the palette knife quite nicely and I enjoy painting on this surface. I used a ground of yellow on the canvas which breaks through in place and adds light to the painting.


1 comment:

  1. I love palette knife painting and you obviously do to. The sunflowers are my favorite but both are very rich and full of texture.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.