28 September 2014

Haut Alpes Plains SOLD - Day 28, 30 day challenge

Haut Alpes Plains
Oil on Canvas Panel
18x24cm (approx 7x10inch)
SOLD commissions welcomed
artbymarion (at) orange.fr

This painting is on its way to Virginia in the US. Thank you Leslie.

For years I was puzzled why many lavender fields in the Alpes-de-Haut-Provence seem to be left to go 'wild', It's such a contrast to the normally neat rows of lavenders that seem to carry on for miles. This year I found out. It is not that they are abandoned, but because they are grown ecologically with no herbicides. This makes for a much more interesting subject to paint, with the wild flowers popping up through the lavender and adding variety.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! When there are wild flowers and perhaps no flowers, there is a bit more calmness. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and depth in this painting. It really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! The scene is very calming.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with everyone else - the colors are outstanding. I love the feeling of distance you managed to achieve also.

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.