30 April 2015

Kaleidoscope Trees Oil Strudy

Kaleidoscope Trees Oil Study
18x24cm oil on canvas panel
 
 The second sketch of my stand of Provence pines trying to stay loose and suggestive. Inspired by my previous gouache sketch (see here) I mainly used a brush on this one, keeping the strokes 'clean' and not mixing the paint too much. I love the texture the brush gave - see these close ups


I really like the effect I am achieving here, I'm calling it modern imprresionism or should I call it 'almost expressionism'?.

My next version will be larger and painted with a palette knife. So stay tuned for the next post. (I promise not to leave it for so long before my next post).

How it may look framed or on a mini easel


1 comment:

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.