26 June 2015

Japanese Secret Garden palette knife painting

Japanese Secret Garden palette knife painting
Oil on 3mm thich MDF canvas panel
18x24cm

Followers of this blog will know that I went to Japan last year to see the cherry blossom. This is painted from one of the photos. It takes me a while, but I get there in the end. The bamboo gates caught my eye, and azaleas were everywhere adding the colour. I shall never know what was behind the gates as the gates were actually closed. Using my 'artistic licence to invite you in.

About this painting

It was an overcast day (early spring in Japan). I wanted to capture the feel of the day and include how, when the sun came out the sunlight lit up the scene.

Some close-ups





and how it might look framed

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.