14 September 2015

Day 13 Namibia Impressions 13 The Beginning of the Journey, Save the Rhino fundraising

Namibia Impressions 13, The Beginning of the Journey
Oil palette knife painting
On narrow gallery wrapped canvas

400€
50% of the sale goes to the Save the Rhino Trust 
who patrol and monitor the desert adapted black rhinos of the Namib desert
Contact me about these paintings or to commission larger versions


I was taken by the colours on the ground as we flew over Namibia, the blues, purples, cyans and ochres had me fascinated. This is my version of that feeling. Some areas have lots of texture, others are smoother, it took a lot of paint.. The underpainting pokes through in places to add depth.

A close up

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.