11 October 2016

Provence Pots and Geraniums - Rework



Provence Pots and Geraniums
Oil palette knife painting on canvas panel

This painting was no.13 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I was quite happy when it was at this stage


But after looking at it for a couple of weeks the lower area of the wall and path needed more definition and the stem on the lhs really bothered me and I had to change it.

I covered the painting in liquin and let it sit for a few minutes to soften the paint surface so that the new paint would adhere better.

Next
  • I darkened the wall by adding more purples and blues.
  • I painted over that stem and put in a new shorter one more to the left and a  suggestion of another small geranium head to breach up the angle of the leaves.
  • I altered the colours in the background removing that bright turquoise colour which was jarring
  • I darkened some of the flowers and added highlights to others.
I think I prefer it much better now - what do you think?

Close-up of the knife work



CONNECT WITH ME:
INSTAGRAM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.