13 October 2016

Throwback Thursday -Memories from Facebook, a blast from the past


Reflections
Soft Pastel on La Carte pastel card
Contact me about this painting


I was reminded of this painting today as a Facebook memory. It goes back six or seven years when I was painting with pastels. It's a painting I loved then and still like now. 

At the time I had just lost my Mum to cancer and I filled my time by taking some on-line pastel tutorials from Charlotte (Charlie) Hertzfeld on wetcanvas.com. Charlie kindly gave us her time to teach us how to use colour to paint light in a painting and this was my final painting on the course.  

Taking this virtual course really kick-started my art and made me take it seriously.

Although it is totally different from my style now, I still love this painting. 



CONNECT WITH ME:
INSTAGRAM


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always pleased receive comments and to discuss my paintings and techniques.